Zinnia Folk Arts Part-time Sales Associate, Sunday afternoons
Part time, on call and flexible hours, 2-3 Sundays/month with opportunities for more hours
Between 4-16 hours/week
$10 per hour, Store discount, Flexible hours, No evenings
Zinnia Folk Arts is a small Mexican folk art import shop located in Minneapolis, MN. Our mission is to import and sell high quality Mexican folk art.
Our Shop Associates are responsible for the following:
- Provide friendly and high-level interactive customer service
- Actively assist customers with their questions and/or purchases
- Perform accurate sales transactions, (cash, credit card, checks)
- Perform duties of shop maintenance including but not limited to
- Sweeping the floor, dusting cabinets
- Polishing silver jewelry
- Assisting with window arranging, floor display, shelf display
- Fully understanding shop policies on returns/refunds, gift certificates, ordering special items, using credit card machine
- Following opening and closing procedures for shop
- Wrapping and boxing up purchases; gift wrapping
- Requesting email addresses
- Answering questions on phone & taking phone messages
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs
- Must be able to carry merchandise, must be able to walk up and down steep stairs to basement
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with general public, providing face-to-face and telephone customer service
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Familiarity and comfort with email, computers, social media, websites and Apple technology in general
- Direct retail sales experience providing sales assistance, processing sales transactions, making change and processing credit card sales
- Mature interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- General knowledge of/familiarity with Mexico & Mexican folk arts and techniques or willingness to learn
- Must be able to carry boxes of up to 25 lbs and easily walk up and down steep stairs to the basement
Extra Credit for any of the following!
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Familiarity with the states of Mexico, the folk art made in those regions and the traditions of handmade arte popular
- Skills in photography, marketing/PR, website updating, social media, event planning, merchandising, graphic design
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter addressing the qualifications and preferences listed above to Info@ZinniaFolkArts.com. Please put, "Part-time Sales Associate" in the subject line of your email.
Only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a job opportunity at Zinnia Folk Arts. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.