- Shop By Collection
- Shop By Medium
- Shop By Region
- Read The Blog
- Log in
Please remember that all of Zinnia Folk Arts pieces are handmade. Imperfections are part of the gig! No two handmade pieces will be exactly alike. That’s just the way it is. Sometimes pieces are signed by the Mexican folk artisan but most of the time, they are not. Or they will have misspellings, scratches, bumps and designs in different colors of paint that don't match. That is the charm of folk art.
We want you to love your purchase! If you are not happy with your item for any reason, please let us know at email@example.com or at 612-824-4342 as soon as you receive it.
In-store purchases may be exchanged for store credit or exchanged for an alternative item within 7 days, if in mint condition. All sale items are final sale.
Unworn clothing may be returned for store credit within 14 days of purchase and in exact condition of purchase, less shipping costs. Goods other than clothing may be exchanged for store credit or for a new item. All sale items are final sale.
Vintage is final sale ‘cause ya know… it’s vintage.
We think you will like all of our goods, but if you get it home and decide you don’t (within 7 days), we will happily help you find something else as an exchange or issue a gift card for the amount of purchase.
We reserve the right to deny credit if the returned merchandise is not in selling condition. Please return your purchase to Zinnia Folk Arts, 826 West 50th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55419. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
If items in your order are missing, broken or damaged in some way, please contact us and send a photo or a description of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 612-824-4342. We will solve the problem or put you on the right path to resolve it with the carrier. We purchase insurance to cover potential damage of fragile items by the shipper. If something arrives broken, and it is insured, you are advised to contact the carrier for reimbursement of your broken item.
By purchasing from the Zinnia Folk Arts, LLC website you are entering into a shipment contract. As a result, the risk of loss or damage for items purchased from this website transfer to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
SPECIAL ORDERS If you are looking for something specific (color, size) from Mexico please contact us to see if we can find it for you. We charge a non-refundable $25 or 25% (depends on the item) search fee for looking for your unique item. The deposit is applied to the final cost of the item. The cost of the item will generally be the same as the posted price on the website, though we reserve the right to increase the price, if your request is difficult to find or the price of the piece has increased significantly in Mexico. Otomí bedspreads are a good example of rising prices.
Please send us an email (Info@ZinniaFolkArts.com) to request your special order.
Deposits on Special Orders are NOT REFUNDABLE if we find your requested item in Mexico.
WEBSITE ORDERS are packed and shipped on days the shop is open (Tuesday through Saturday) excluding holidays. All orders have a processing time of two to three days if the merchandise is in stock. If you need it to be shipped sooner, please let us know at email@example.com and we will do our very best to send it out more quickly. The shipping options and cost will be added and displayed at checkout.
Sale items are FINAL SALE and are not returnable.
Zinnia Folk Arts accepts payments in several ways for purchases from the website:
1. Credit Cards via Shopify Payments: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover cards are accepted
2. Paypal payments: You may either pay with a credit card or via Paypal when using Paypal. You do not need to have a Paypal account.
3. Apple Pay or Google Pay are accepted for online sales, if you have them on your mobile device.
4. Credit card payments over the phone during open hours. You may call 612-824-4342 to order something from the website between Tuesday and Saturday, 11-6.
SPECIAL ORDERS: Special Orders sent to US or international customers will be charged the exact cost of shipping from Minneapolis to their destination.TWIN CITIES: Twin Cities customers may choose free pickup of merchandise. Pick ups will be ready within 24 hours after purchase. Or, we are happy to ship it to you.
USA CONTINENTAL SHIPPING:
We are a very small business and we hand pack and ship all of your orders in our shop in Minneapolis, MN. Because people order different combinations of folk art (some big, some heavy, some oddly shaped, some light but bulky) it is hard for us to estimate the shipping cost in advance based on weight. And shipping is expensive and keeps going up! For that reason we have the following policies:
1. Shipping of Jewelry, with no additional items, within the United States, is $5.99.
2. Our USA shipping and packaging fees for orders (other than jewelry) are based on the total dollar amount and weight of your order.
+ Orders Under $15 are $5.99
+ Most orders under 3 lbs in weight, over $15 in cost and under $250 will be shipped for a $9.99 flat rate fee by USPS Parcel Select. Some items may have additional shipping charges due to weight or volume and that is usually noted on the product page.
+ Orders of multiple items that weigh more than 3 lbs after packing, all ceramics and fragile items over 3 lbs will have a flat rate shipping cost of $14.99 in the US and we reserve the right to charge additional shipping charges based on the weight, volume and destination of the order.
+ Orders $250+ ship free within the continental United States.
+ If you prefer a faster delivery, please let us know and we can ship USPS Priority Mail for the exact cost. We will bill you before we ship and after we have determined the weight and dimensions of your package.
3. Some especially large or fragile items may have an additional cost for shipping regardless of the amount of the order. We reserve the right to determine which items will require additional shipping costs.
4. Ceramics will be packed, shipped and insured by the professionals, either UPS or FedEx, to increase the likelihood that they will arrive safely. We take orders to the packer one to two times/week. For that reason, there may be a delay in shipping. If you need your order quickly please let us know so we can speed up the service. If you should need to make an insurance claim because of broken pieces or a lost package, you will do it through the carrier.
5. Whenever we can, we reuse packing supplies that we recycle from shipments we receive from Mexico. Enjoy reading the Mexican newspapers!
6. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to the address submitted by the purchaser. Please make sure you enter the correct address.
7. All USA orders are generally shipped via the U.S. Postal Service First Class, Parcel Select, or Priority Mail. Please let us know if you would like your shipment to be expedited or sent by some other carrier. Shipping costs will be adjusted if you choose to use a different carrier or to receive the order more quickly.
We ship to the following countries: Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom. Other countries by special request.
Place your order and make a deposit toward your shipping costs on the shipping page during checkout. We have a flat rate for jewelry and heavier items but if the actual cost exceeds these rates, we will contact you with an additional invoice (either Paypal or Shopify) for payment of the additional shipping charges. All shipping charges include handling, insurance and shipping cost. Tracking information will be sent to you when the package is ready to leave our shop. The shipping charges do not cover additional customs charges in your country. Once the package leaves our shop, it is your responsibility to follow up with the carrier if the package is lost or delayed. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected packages for any reason including incorrect addresses entered by the purchaser.
We follow all US laws related to declaration of goods in international orders. Please do not ask us to do something unethical or illegal.