Please remember that all of Zinnia Folk Arts pieces are handmade. Imperfections are part of the gig! No two handmade pieces will be exactly alike. That’s just the way it is. Sometimes pieces are signed by the Mexican folk artisan but most of the time, they are not. Or they will have misspellings, scratches, bumps and designs in different colors of paint that don't match. That is the charm of folk art.
In-store purchases may be exchanged for store credit or exchanged for an alternative item within 14 days, if in mint condition. All sale items are final sale.
Unworn clothing may be returned for store credit within 14 days of purchase and in exact condition of purchase. Goods other than clothing may be exchanged for store credit or for a new item. Cancelling an order after purchase will result in restocking and/or packing charges. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. We do not do retroactive price adjustments on sale prices. All sale items are final sale.
Vintage is final sale ‘cause ya know… it’s vintage.
We think you will like all of our goods, but if you get it home and decide you don’t (within 7 days), we will happily help you find something else as an exchange or issue a gift card for the amount of purchase.
We reserve the right to deny credit if the returned merchandise is not in selling condition. Please return your purchase to Zinnia Folk Arts, 826 West 50th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55419. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
If items in your order are missing, broken or damaged in some way, please contact us and send a photo of the broken piece AND the box interior and exterior with a description of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org of at 612-824-4342. We will solve the problem or put you on the right path to resolve it with the carrier. We purchase insurance to cover potential damage of fragile items by the shipper. If something arrives broken, and it is insured, you are advised to contact the carrier for reimbursement of your broken item.
By purchasing from the Zinnia Folk Arts, LLC website you are entering into a shipment contract. As a result, the risk of loss or damage for items purchased from this website transfer to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
If you see something on the website and would like more than are currently available online, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss whether the item can be purchased in a larger quantity or different colors or sizes. We charge a minimum of $35 (can be more for more expensive items) non-refundable deposit to cover our costs of hunting for the item.
If we find it, it is yours and you will be billed for the remaining cost. If it cannot be found, we refund the deposit, less the non-refundable $35 search fee. Special orders are not eligible for free shipping--shipping costs will be billed to you at the time you are billed for your special order item.The cost of the item will generally be the same as the posted price on the website, though we reserve the right to increase the price, if your request is difficult to find or the price of the piece has increased significantly in Mexico. Otomí bedspreads are a good example of rising prices. We do not give discounts on special orders.
Please send us an email (Info@ZinniaFolkArts.com) to request your special order.
Deposits on Special Orders are NOT REFUNDABLE if we find your requested item in Mexico.
WEBSITE ORDERS are packed and shipped on days the shop is open excluding holidays. All orders have a processing time of two to three days if the merchandise is in stock. If you need it to be shipped sooner, please let us know at email@example.com and we will do our very best to send it out more quickly. The shipping options and cost will be added and displayed at checkout.
Sale items are FINAL SALE and are not returnable.
Zinnia Folk Arts accepts payments in several ways for purchases from the website:
1. Credit Cards via Shopify Payments: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover cards are accepted
2. Paypal payments: You may either pay with a credit card or via Paypal when using Paypal. You do not need to have a Paypal account.
3. Apple Pay or Google Pay are accepted for online sales, if you have them on your mobile device.
4. Credit card payments over the phone during open hours. You may call 612-824-4342 to order something from the website between Wednesday and Saturday, 11-4.
SPECIAL ORDERS: Special Orders will be charged the exact cost of shipping from Minneapolis to their destination.TWIN CITIES: Twin Cities customers may choose free pickup of merchandise. Pick ups will be ready within 24 hours after purchase. Or, we are happy to ship it to you.
USA CONTINENTAL SHIPPING:
We are a very small business and we hand pack and ship all of your orders in our shop in Minneapolis, MN. Because people order different combinations of folk art (some big, some heavy, some oddly shaped, some light but bulky) it is hard for us to estimate the shipping cost in advance based on weight. And shipping is expensive and keeps going up! For that reason we have the following policies:
1. Shipping of Jewelry is free.
2. Our USA shipping and packaging fees for orders (other than jewelry) are based on the weight, volume and destination of your order. The farther away and heavier an item is from Minneapolis, the larger the shipping cost!
+ Most orders of non-fragile items other than jewelry have a flat rate for shipping
+ Most orders between 1-3 pounds in weight will be shipped for a flat rate fee by USPS Parcel Select. Flat rates are $7.99, $10.99, $15.99, $24.99. See below for charges for ceramics.
+ Many ceramics and other items that are fragile, bulky, heavy or strange shapes have additional shipping charges due to volume or the fragile nature of the piece and that is usually noted on the product page.
+ Orders that contain fragile talavera ceramics require a shipping deposit of $35.99. If, after packing, the cost to pack, ship and insure your purchase exceeds the deposit, we will send you a Paypal invoice for the difference before we ship. Packing and shipping of ceramics and large fragile items is done by UPS. You will receive a tracking number when it is shipped.
+ If you prefer a faster delivery, please let us know and we can expedite your shipping. We will bill you for any additional cost before we ship and after we have determined the weight and dimensions of your package.
3. Some especially large or fragile items may have an additional cost for shipping regardless of the amount of the order. We reserve the right to determine which items will require additional shipping costs.
4. Ceramics will be packed, shipped and insured by UPS to increase the likelihood that they will arrive safely. We take orders to the packer one to two times/week. For that reason, there may be a delay in shipping. If you need your order quickly, please let us know so we can speed up the service. If you should need to make an insurance claim because of broken pieces or a lost package, you will do it through the carrier.
5. Whenever we can, we reuse packing supplies that we recycle from shipments we receive from Mexico. Enjoy reading the Mexican newspapers!
6. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to the address submitted by the purchaser. Please make sure you enter the correct address.
7. All USA orders, not shipped by UPS, are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service First Class, Parcel Select, or Priority Mail. Please let us know if you would like your shipment to be expedited or sent by some other carrier. Shipping costs will be adjusted if you choose to use a different carrier or to receive the order more quickly.
Sorry, we no longer ship to countries outside of the United States of America. We have discontinued our international shipping due to packages being lost or stolen in transit. We only ship within the United States of America.