I don't know about you, but I get tired of taking the same old hostess gift of wine. Do you? Here's a little roundup of several popular ideas based on my very scientific research in the Minneapolis folk art store.
1. Milagro Hearts: They come in various sizes and prices starting at $30. Everyone appreciates a beautifully handcrafted good luck charm full of "milagros."
2. Small 3-Legged Talavera Molcajetes: These are one of our most popular gifts! They can be used for salsa, dips, olives, nuts, desk stuff or anything you want. Food safe and can go in the dishwasher, microwave and oven.
3. Handmade Nickel Silver or Alpaca Boxes: These lovely boxes come in various sizes, some with stones and some without. They are all lined with black velvet and are perfect for storing special keepsakes.
4. Talavera Plate: These dinner-plates come in lots of different patterns combining dark blue, green, terracotta and goldenrod. They can be combined with the molcajete (#2) for a great way to serve veggies and dip or chips and salsa.
5. Frida Kahlo Bottle Shrine: Is your hostess a Frida Freak? These beautiful, colorful bottles make a very unique gift that people love to look at. The inside decoration is different on each side.
6. Paper Corona: These pretty paper flower crowns look great hanging on a wall or doorknob or on top of someone's head. Cheerful and pretty!
What about you? What would you like to receive as a hostess gift?
If you're interested in receiving notices of sales, events and Mexican inspiration, be sure to sign up for our mailing list right here!